1. The bus will hit our roads as from Friday 9th of September instead of Thursday, as previously announced.
2. The last time a double-decker bus was used as public transport in Mauritius was in 1962 or 54 years ago.
3. Hence, the license plate of the bus: DD 1954
4. The bus will serve line 174, i.e. Rose-Hill to Port-Louis via Ebene and Bagatelle.
5. The bus fare will be Rs 6 higher than normal buses - Rs 37 for getting to Port-Louis from Rose-Hill. That is the same price that is currently being charged in buses equipped with AC.
6. The bus is made in China.
7. It can carry 88 passengers - 76 seated and 12 standing.
8. It is equipped with individual seat-belts, AC, and USB docks for charging your smartphone.
9. You will get free WiFi on the bus.
10. You can pay your bus fare with a pre-paid card called Filao which will be on sale around the country soon.
Video by Defimedia