[Recipe] Lamb Haleem (Halim Agneau)
Meat and lentils are slow cooked with ginger, garlic and other spices and garnished with herbs and fried onions. A delicious and uplifting soup.
- 5 lamb shanks with bones
- 3 big onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 tablespoon haleem spices powder
- 60g coarsely gorund wheat
- 80g black lentils/or chana dhall
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin
- Chopped corrainder and mint leaves
- Chopped shallot and green chillis
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Heat oil and brown onions till crisp. Drain and keep aside.
- In the same pot, add meat pieces and salt. Mix well allow to brown.
- Add the ground paste and stir fry for 10 mins.
- Transfer mixture to pressure cooker with lentils or dhall wheat, powdered ingredients and cumin.
- Add a little more water. Mix well and cover till meat, dhall/lentils are soft.
- Add coriander and mint leaves and simmer, add more water if soup is too thick.
- Serve immediately in small bowls with lemon juice, chopped shallot and green chillis, sprinkled over.